Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cake Pops!


Cake pops are all over the internet & are quickly becoming the new cupcake! They are tiny morsels of cake covered in chocolate & popped on a lollipop stick. My journey to cake pop mountain began last week when I made a batch of brownies that were less than perfect (far too cakey!). I also had some left over vegan chocolate cake and with no other way to use up the cake ruins (I HATE wasting good food) I decided it was time to make cake pops.

They are super easy & they were delicious! I took the 50 pops I made to work as an Easter treat for my team & they were gobbled down!

Ingredients:
1 cooked & cooled cake (I used my unsuccessful brownie batch - but you can use any box mix or cake mix you like)
2 cups icing
600gm Melted chocolate mixed with 1 teaspoon canola oil
Lollipop sticks - I bought 100 on eBay for $3

Method:
1. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add icing & mix until combined.

2. Roll into balls and refrigerate for 2 hours (or freeze for 1/2 - 1 hour)

3. Dip lollipop sticks into melted chocolate & stick into balls.

4. Dip balls into melted chocolate mixture and set on a plate. I find its best to only do a few at a time otherwise they get too warm & will fall off the lollipop stick.

5. Decorate & serve! I decorated mine with coloured sugar, sprinkles, coloured melted chocolate etc.

You can let your imagination run wild with the decorating & flavour combo's!! I think the next combo's I'll try are red velvet with cream cheese frosting, vanilla cake with very vanilla frosting & chocolate with peppermint flavouring... so many flavour possibilities it makes your head spin!

I also have plans to make these as dessert finger food for my sisters 18th birthday party.

Enjoy your pops! Sunny xx

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com